What is PPC ? (Pay-Per-Click)
Posted on Jul 23, 2021
PPC, or Pay-Per-Click, is an advertising model in which a person or business advertises towards another company. Every time this ad is clicked, the advertisers pay a fee to the business that is promoting them. It is a very efficient way of using your money to get your target audience to click on your ad, as there is incentive for both sides. The advertiser gains more traffic, and the business promoting them gets profit for it.
Search engine advertising is one of the most sought-after forms of advertising, as ads can appear on the top of pages of any popular search engine such as Google. This will significantly drive traffic to your site, collecting more and more potential customers. Even though you pay a small fee to the search engine, if you utilise PPC correctly, you can get drive sales much more easily and increase monthly searches. Currently, Google Ads (previously known as Google AdWords) is the most popular PPC advertising system in the world, mostly due to the huge amounts of visitors each month.
How do you start using PPC?
Firstly, you will need to identify who your target audience is, and how familiar they are with your brand. If a potential customer knows about your brand pretty well, then they don't need to see many ads to go to your site. You will need to also create targets and metrics so that you can see if your ad spends are really worth it or not. You can measure things like brand awareness through surveys and direct traffic through Google Analytics.
Assuming that you've created different landing pages for your search ads, or any other type of advertising campaign, you should be able to track lead conversion rates through the Google Ads interface, which is very useful for creating a marketing budget and bid adjustments. Bids are essentially how much you pay for your ad to show up on Google's search page. To learn more about conversion rates visit www.kbmmediasolutions.com/blog/content-marketing-and-conversion-rates.php
There is also something called a quality score that allows Google to rate the relevance and quality of your keywords and ads. It depends on multiple factors including click-through rate, relevance of keyword selection, relevance of ad text, and previous Google Ads account performance. Having a higher quality score allows you to have higher ad rankings and lower costs, so it is beneficial, and increases your chances of having a successful campaign. You can increase this score easily by optimising keyword lists, or even adding negative keywords using tools such as Google Ads.
The different Types of advertising campaigns
- Search Ads: Using search engine marketing ads, you can get your ads to show on major search engines like Google, using Google Ads. These are the most common type of PPC, and are used by many businesses to direct traffic and create effective campaigns. This can be coupled with a good quality score to lower advertising costs if you have budget concerns.
- Display ads: This type of online advertising typically refer to image-based ads (although not in all cases) that are placed on external websites to redirect visitors to your site. You can create these display ads through a display network such as Google Display Network.
- Social campaigns: Using social media sites, these ads are displayed on platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. By posting on relevant social feeds, you can drastically increase traffic and generate leads.
- Google Shopping: Your ad will show up on a separate shopping section of Google when searched. All necessary information such as image, price and description will be included. Google shopping can entice viewers more than normal Google Ads, because of the visual and descriptive key info.
Advantages of PPC advertising
- You can have total control of your daily budget, and with continued use of PPC marketing, you can easily find the monthly budget for you that produces results. It is also cost effective compared to some other types of advertising as well.
- PPC ads can give you results very quickly. Organic marketing is great for the long-run, and creates a stable base, however, things like search marketing can get you customers swiftly and this can automatically start up your business. Google Ads is very good for this, as it is used on one of the most popular search engines in the world.
- You can very quickly get a positive ROI from using PPC ads, because they're simple to measure. You can see if a certain campaign is working or not, and make changes accordingly. You can also use things like quality score to boost performance so you get the most out of your advertising.
- There are different forms of PPC advertising, but they essentially all do the same thing. They target ideal customers efficiently by using relevant keywords and even negative keywords (focused keywords that you DON'T want to rank for) if using tools such as Google Ads.
- PPC ads don't depend on algorithm changes, unlike content marketing and Search Engine Optimisation. These algorithms can be very complex, and if you are not familiar with how they work, it becomes a lot more difficult to rank for relevant keywords and search queries using your SEO strategy. So instead, you can easily show ads for certain keywords and can use negative keywords to make sure you're targeting the right people.
To learn more about Digital Marketing, visit: https://www.kbmmediasolutions.com/digital-marketing-training.php